Translate

Monday, 23 September 2013

Paedophiles, Coronation Street and the Yorskshire CPS

 Britain has a criminal justice system where the rich can get off anything because they can hire the best liars known as Queens Council. The poor get the worst liars and if the Govt want to bury them liars who are easily bought  known as barristers.   Juries  are rigged and Justice has place in the UK's criminal  courts save for a few rare instances.


It is quite surprising to be able to make a connection from West Yorkshire Police to alleged paedophiles in the television programme, Coronation Street.

There has recently been huge publicity surrounding the arrest, and Manchester Crown Court appearances, of actor Michael Le Vell (pictured top right) who plays a garage-owning character called Kevin Webster in the Street. Le Vell, who first appeared in the programme in 1983, is charged with 19 child sex allegations including rape, indecent assault and sexual activity with a child aged 6, after a Crown Prosecution Service review of charges against him that had ­previously been dropped through lack of evidence. He most recently stood in Court on Friday 17th May, 2013 and is on bail on condition he  surrenders  his passport, does not contact named witnesses and does not  have unsupervised  contact with any child under 14.
Even though Le Vell, charged under his real name of Turner, now faces a long wait to go to full trial (bailed to appear on 2nd September 2013) he has told friends he is “smiling through” and has vowed to clear his name. The alleged offences all took place between 2001 and 2010. He split from his wife Janette Beverley last year. Ms Beverley also appeared in the Street, which is where the couple first met. Le Vell has recently struck up a relationship with a 31 year old married woman, Blanca Fouche, who is a neighbour in the upmarket celebrity village of Hale. Mrs Fouche has two children aged 3 and 2.
In a sensational ending to the trial Michael Le Vell was found not guilty amid claims that the case should not have reached court. The main prosecution witness – the alleged victim – had given inconsistent evidence throughout her testimony and it was clear from an early stage that the jury could not bring in a guilty verdict without any corroborating evidence.
Another high profile Court appearance followed the charging last November of Andrew Lancel who played the Street character of scheming lingerie factory owner, Frank Foster. He is accused  of two counts of indecent assault on a child under 14 and two counts of indecent  assault on a child under 15. The offences allegedly took place in Southport between 1993 and 1994 when the victim was a trainee actor associated with Southport Operatic New Generation group. Lancel had also trained with the same drama group earlier in his career. The Royal Clifton Hotel in Southport was alleged to have been one of the locations where offences took place. Lancel’s trial began on 3rd June 2013 at Liverpool Crown Court before Recorder of Liverpool, Judge Clement Goldstone QC. Liverpool barrister Kim Whittlestone is prosecuting counsel and she told jurors:  “The prosecution case is that the defendant used his status as an actor at that time to flatter and gain the trust of the victim. He knew he was under the age of consent but despite that would progress their friendship and made it sexual, something that he knew was illegal and something that he knew could get him into big trouble if found out.” She then referred to a second boy who was also in a theatre group who claimed Lancel offered to massage him to help with insomnia. He said during the massage Lancel began to  perform a sexual act on him and the boy was so shocked he didn’t know what to do. He said Lancel told him “it just felt the natural thing to do” but when he saw how shocked the boy was, he told him to forget it had happened.
Miss Whittlestone added: “This evidence, the prosecution say, is important as it is evidence if you accept it as accurate and true that supports the assertion that the defendant did have a sexual interest in boys under the age of 16 years.” She said there was evidence from a third man who befriended Lancel when he was 15 and would play pool and go swimming with him. They were walking along the beach one time Lancel made a sexual reference to him but he laughed it off. “He remembers the defendant’s attentions towards him waning off  but can’t remember why.”
The actor — who for 15 years starred as DI Neil Manson in cop show The Bill and also appeared in Jimmy McGovern’s Hillsborough film — was  charged in his real name, Andrew Charles Watkinson, under the Sexual Offences Act 2003. His solicitor, Stuart Nolan of DPP Law in Liverpool, insisted the star “strenuously denies the allegations” and a formal plea of not guilty has been entered. Birmingham ‘heavyweight silk’, Andrew Menary QC, is defending Lancel.
The trial concluded on Monday 10th June and the soap star was found not guilty of all indecent assault charges by the jury after just 29 minutes of deliberation. After the verdicts were declared Judge Goldstone told defence counsel that the verdicts did not mean sexual encounters never took place. He said: ‘The defendant was acquitted on the evidence, and rightly so, but it is important that the complainant, who is clearly scarred by an experience, should understand that the jury verdict does not necessarily involve rejection of his account of a sexual encounter or encounters with the defendant. It is a statement that the prosecution have failed to make the jury sure that abuse of the type alleged occurred during the period covered by the indictment and, in particular, before the complainant’s 16th birthday, now more than 18 years ago.’
These two cases follow on from the child abuse allegations that lingered around Street actor, Peter Adamson, and ultimately wrecked his career and his life. He was accused of indecently assaulting two young girls, aged 8, at Haslingden public swimming pool but subsequently cleared at Burnley Crown Court. Although Adamson (pictured top centre) was acquitted of the charges, after securing the services of George Carman QC to defend him, he subsequently gave a drink-inspired interview to a reporter on a red-top tabloid newspaper, during which he both acknowledged and denied that he had been guilty: “I am totally guilty of everything the police said,” he said. “But what I hope you will print – there was no sexual intent.”
Adamson had also sold behind-the-scenes accounts of life on the Street for £110,000 (worth over £1 million in today’s money), and was written out of the series as a result. He had played the feisty womaniser, Len Fairclough, in the soap opera.
On Wednesday 1st May 2013, Lancashire Police announced that an 81 year old man had been arrested in connection with two rape assaults of a 15 year old girl in Haslingden in 1967. Police were searching the Wilmslow home of actor Bill Roache, who plays the part of another serial womaniser in the Street, Ken Barlow. Roache was famously quoted only a few weeks prior to his arrest when talking about victims of child abuse: “Everything that happens to us has been a result of what we have been in previous lives.” After a public outcry he was forced to retract the comment. The actor had also said the public should not be judgmental but be “totally forgiving” of people who had committed child sex crimes.
ITV declined to comment on Roache ”whilst the police investigation is ongoing” but it is understood that the character Ken Barlow will not appear in Coronation Street in the near future. Ken Barlow was part of the very first programme in December 1960 and has been a pivotal character ever since. The day after his arrest Roache issued a statement saying: “I strenuously deny the allegations and will focus attention on fighting to preserve my innocence in challenging times ahead.”
Nazir Afzal, Chief Crown Prosecutor for the North West Region, said in a press statement on 6th June 2013: “We have carefully considered all the evidence gathered by Lancashire police in relation to recent allegations from four complainants that William Roache indecently assaulted them in the 1960s. Having completed our review, we have concluded that there is sufficient evidence and it is in the public interest for Mr Roache to be charged with five offences of indecent assault relating to four girls who were aged between 11 or 12 and 16 at the time that the alleged offences happened. We have been reviewing evidence and providing early investigative advice to Lancashire Police regarding these allegations, which were made to police after Mr Roache was charged with two offences of rape on 1 May 2013.
Mr Afzal concluded: ”This decision was taken in accordance with the code for crown prosecutors and our guidance for prosecutors on sexual offences. Mr Roache has a right to a fair trial and it is therefore very important that nothing is said, or reported, which could prejudice that trial. For these reasons, it would be inappropriate for me to comment further.”
Roache appeared at Preston Magistrates Court on 7th June 2013 and, after the Court was told if convicted indecent assaults could attract up to 12 months jail, the case was referred to Preston Crown Court on 10th June where, at a preliminary hearing, a trial date of 13th January 2014 was set. The fresh charges are in addition to the initial two counts of rape Roache faced in May, after which Roache said he was “astounded and deeply horrified”. Formal not guilty pleas were entered at a plea and case management hearing scheduled on 2nd September and Roache’s solicitors added that the actor found the allegations “deeply upsetting” and ”is looking forward to clearing his name before a jury”. Interestingly, at that hearing it was revealed that some of the alleged offences took place in Haslingden, the small Lancashire town featured in the Adamson case above.
On September 15th 2013 a national newspaper reported further lurid allegations that two high profile male Coronation Street stars had been caught in bed with two children aged around 10 to 12 years old. Police are investigating.
The West Yorkshire Police connection comes in the athletic shape of former PC Mick Amos, who served the Force for eleven years. ‘Hollywood’, as he is known to his many police friends, is also an actor in Coronation Street. Having achieved notoriety as the policeman arresting the popular character Tyrone Dobbs, he also appeared in the recent scene that saw the fictional public house, The Rovers Return, firebombed.
Mick Amos, (pictured on the right of the centre picture above) has vowed to confront paedophilia within the police, even though he is no longer a serving police officer, and he will assert all his rights as an honest citizen to fight this child abuse menace, in all its forms and wherever it manifests itself. He will also call in his many celebrity, political and press friends to aid in this fight for justice for children.
As a former Great Britain international at both football and rugby Mick should have all the necessary stamina and fighting qualities needed in this quest. He also has wide experience of working with children of all ages to draw upon as he was, latterly, a very successful schools and community liaison police officer in the Wakefield area, with many commendations for his work.
West Yorkshire Police does, of course, have more known convicted police officer paedophiles than any other police force in the UK (For full list of WY police paedophiles click here). It is, however, uPSD’s belief that there are possibly up to 20 more within the Force and some of senior rank. This is based on the sheer implausibility of paedophilia being confined to mainly younger officers at constable rank.
The officer on the left of the centre picture above is none other than (Sir) Norman Bettison. He was repeatedly challenged by uPSD to denounce paedophilia within the ranks of his own Force. He refused and eventually scuttled off into pensioned retirement, to avoid the sack for gross misconduct, without ever doing so.
In other dramatic developments it was reported last month that a child abuse ‘ring’ had been uncovered that was connected to another popular television soap opera. This time it is the BBC’s East Enders that is at the centre of the paedophilia storm. A six-member police Special Operations Unit has been set up to work full-time on the  investigation — an indicator of the serious nature of the claims. The officers have been seconded from Child Protection units at the Metropolitan Police and Hertfordshire Police.
A BBC spokesman said at the time: “The BBC is not aware of this investigation but we take any allegations of this nature extremely seriously. We will be approaching the police to ascertain the details and to offer our full  co-operation.” Proof of a paedophile ring within EastEnders would be a devastating blow to the BBC in the wake of the Jimmy Savile and Stuart Hall scandals. Hall admitted 9 counts of sexually abusing thirteen girls over a twenty year period and was jailed for 15 months (later increased to 30 months after a public protest). The youngest girl abused was only nine years old.

Curtesy of Unprofessional Standards

No comments:

Post a comment

We welcome all points of view but do not publish malicious comments. We would love to hear from you if you want to e-mail us with tips, information or just chat e-mail talkingtous@hotmail.co.uk